Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mom Update


May 30th we received the news that my Mom has incurable small cell lung and liver cancer. Her oncologist explained that this was a fast spreading cancer and it had already entered her bloodstream. He also said she only had 4-6 weeks left unless she did chemo, then she would probably make it about 9 months. After much discussion, her changing her mind several times, she decided she didn't want the chemo and wanted God to take her when it was time.


When she left the hospital she moved in with us. She has been getting weaker and skinner by the day. On Tuesday it will be 3 weeks. I'm doing my best to care for her with the help of Jessica and John. The Hospice nurse comes out twice a week however they are available 24/7 for questions or if we need anything.


Eventually we'll move her to the Hospice House to spend her last days, but until then I'll continue to care for her and spend as much time with her as I can.


So please, if you pray, keep us in your prayers.

A BIG thank you to all who have called, emailed and helped me cope with everything going on in my life.


Love ya all!!


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Joni,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she isn't in to much pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sharon