Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life on the Lake

St Patty's day isn't a happy day for my Mom. My brother passed away 3 years ago at the age of 52 on this day and she really has never recovered from losing her son. So I tried to keep her involved in some outdoor life today. We watched birds feeding their young ones, White Pelicans coming in for landings and hunting for dinner and just enjoying the nature around us.

My Mom was hospitalized on Jan 18th with pneumonia and spent 17 days there. She was been staying with us since then, she is still not up to going home and living by herself yet. She lost all of her muscle and fat in the last 4 months and is down to 100lbs. But she hasn't given up. She does her rehab exercises everyday and has been eating well. But she isn't getting any stronger. We have another dr visit on Thursday. She is also on oxygen 24/7 which makes it hard too.
Here are few pictures I thought I would share of the beautiful White Pelicans and some pics I just took from across the lake.

Hope everyone gets a chance to have a green beer today!

No comments: